Humorous Pictures
see more crazy cat pics

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

In Memory of Fiona


Fiona was hit by a car today and she is no longer with us. I am still so numb that I don't know what to do with myself - so I thought that I would write some remeberances of her here.

She just turned 3 this month. She was the last kitten born in the litter and I didn't even think that she would make it then. Her mother was so tired that I think she would a left if I hadn't picked her up and put her next to her mothers head. She was very sweet to me but generally disliked all the other cats. She loved the dogs however and love to curl up with them. In the mornings she would softly come and gently pat her paw on my face to say "good morning," but really it meant feed me. A typical activity of hers was chasing a butterflies, and looking really ridiculous doing it. It always made me stop and smile when I saw her doing that. For the most part she was a very gentle kitty. I called her my "fluff muffin." I shall miss her terribly. It's only been a few hours and I still can not believe it. I know that it may sound silly to others, but my babies are my family and each one is very special is their own unique way. I will so miss the wistfulness that was Fiona!

4 comments:

industrialpoppy said...

Very sad. Hugs to you.

Stacy Light Mygatt said...

So sorry to hear about the kitty. We get so close when animals depend on us to love and take of them.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your precious kitty! I love animals and I would be so lost without my Pumpkin! She's been my kitty for almost 11 years. You wrote a beautiful remembrance to her.

Gail Alexander said...

Poor little Fiona -- she sounded like a very special kitty. It is sad that she had such a short life.

We recently lost our cat, Simba. He was a huge, and very crabby, Maine Coon. He hated being in the house and made us all suffer if we didn't let him outside. He lived to be 20 years old. I can still remember him as a cute, fluffy little kitten that we adopted at the animal shelter.

My condolences,

Gail Alexander