Humorous Pictures
see more crazy cat pics

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A New Adventure

It is a new day and a new beginning for me and Cherished Dreams. I am finally entering the world of blogging. Very hard for me as I tend to be a very private person and abhor being too involved in technological communication. But, I, like everyone else, just love noodling on the computer. On the other end of the scale, I absolutely dislike the telephone and have my entire life. Oh! How to fill those empty spaces, where there is no dialogue. But I digress.



Today, I begin this site to highlight some of the other aspects of my life, some of the artists I have come to love, because their work is so beautiful and perhaps create a place where some of my students can be helped out in their work, for the classes that I teach.



Besides my talent of quilt making, I have been a set designer and scenic artist for fifteen years. Not only do I love fabric, but I love paint. I love creating atmospheres and textures with paint. It has been the most rewarding thing I have done with my art degrees, other then teach. I teach art appreciation - which has aloud me, to perhaps, give my students (college age) a different perspective on seeing and being aware of the world they live in.
So in this site you may visit a museum, or journey through a film and perhaps read some of my thoughts on teaching the appreciation of art. You may have some questions, that perhaps I can give some insight to. Or we may all be able to enlighten my students. That is one of the adventures that I am embarking on.
So visit from time to time to see how things develop.
You can always check out my work at: cherishedreams.com , or see what I have available to purchase, quilts that is, at: cherisheddreams.etsy.com ,
Please enjoy!!!


2 comments:

ThePeachTree said...

Welcome to the world of blogging and of Etsy as well!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the welcome